DMA – A CITADEL OF 2IST CENTURY LEARNINGAdmin
2IST CENTURY LEARNING
- Samir of class VII and his classmates overwhelmed with emotions when they presented a scintillating cultural bouquet as a sharing and caring gesture to the elderly in an old age home of Meerut, bringing beaming smiles on their old pain-etched puckered lonely faces.
- The confidence and joy of Umang Baliyan soared to the summit when she having set a spectacular record of securing the 1st Rank in the Meerut District and 6th rank in Uttar Pradesh with 99% in aggregate in AISSE-2018, was being clicked by the media.
- Sharli Tyagi of class XII glowed with pride and elation when she received the Outstanding Speaker & Best Interjector awards at Ramjas Debate-2018 in Convention Hall, Delhi.
- It was a moment of immense pride and exuberance for the DMA family when it along with the entire country celebrated the incredible victory of its youngest sports prodigy Shardul Vihan- the Silver Medallist in Double Trap Shooting Championship at the Asian Games-2018, Jakarta.
- The passion and commitment of the budding environmentalists to keep their Mother Earth hale and hearty, came to the fore when they celebrated Green Diwali floating the message all around to keep the air free from toxic pollutants and pitch into keep the surroundings clean, green and beautiful.
The common thread the strings these success stories and many more together is Dayawati Modi Academy, Modipuram Meerut, affiliated to the CBSE, instituted in 1981 in the consonance with the great vision of Maaji Dayawati Modi and presently working under the dynamic patronage of Mr V.K. Modi. The Academy is sited on about 11+ acre immaculately maintained 3 age appropriate campuses with strength of 4200+ students and 200+ teachers. We are a school with a difference, a school imparting 21st century learning, nurturing, grooming and polishing the young minds into integrated individuals who brace all challenges of life in a right spirit and shine forth in all their brilliance and splendour in all walks of life.
2IST CENTURY LEARNING
ALUMNI- HANDING DOWN A RICH LEGACY
The Academy prides itself today, on having nurtured a galaxy of global personalities spreading their splendor across the world. Devika Sirohi, the Zika girl who a part of the US team, has decoded Zika Virus at Purdue University US; Manu Kumar Jain- Global Vice President, XIAOMI & MI; Nishit Garg -Director Flipkart, Ruchika Jhalani-Sr. Developer at Ebay – California are a few of multitude of names to be mentioned in this category. Strengthening further their bonds with their Alma-mater, the proud alumni have been proving a great support in executing the vision to their mother institution and rendering guidance to the students and even extend economic support to the underprivileged.
CREATING SYMPHONY OF SUCCESS
Standing at the forefront among the prestigious educational institutions, the Academy rejoices in relentlessly building a brand of education synonymous with quality and excellence. The Academy’s pursuits in education are being acknowledged across the world through appreciations and Awards of Excellence – India’s Greatest Brand Award 2017-18 and The India’s Greatest Leader Award 2017-18 to the Principal Dr Mrs Ritu Dewan organized by consumers and industry research services & ASIA one magazine ; India Leadership Award-2018 organized by blindwink.in, the Market Research Company, in the category of India’s Top 10 CBSE schools and the India’s Best School Award-2018-19 in the category of Jury’s Choice Award organized by Education Today . Yet another prestigious Green Thinker Award-2018 was bestowed on the Principal by the Ministry of UP State for her remarkable contributions to the environmental protection and wellness and sensitizing and empowering students towards a safe and healthy tomorrow.
2IST CENTURY LEARNING
TENDING SPECIFIC NEEDS OF EACH AGE GROUP
The Academy houses in 3 age appropriate campuses viz
DMI Maple Bear Canadian Pre-School specially designed for the tin-tots stirs their wings with utmost motherly care, promoting their flight of curiosity and creativity in a visually stimulating learning ambience. ‘Learning by doing ‘in the vibrant classrooms challenge them to observe closely, ask questions and solve a problem helping them to strengthen cognitive skills and develop fine motor skills.
Dayawati Modi International – the Junior School for classes up to VI -as an icon of vibrancy, exuberance, and sensitivity taking care of the specific needs of the students lends a happy learning environment that draws out the best in them helping them discover the joy of learning and abiding values.
Dayawati Modi Academy-the Senior School- is committed to create individuals who are physically healthy, intellectually stimulated, emotionally balanced and spiritually conscious world citizens.
MAKING CLASSROOM LEARNING PLEASURABLE AND MEANINGFUL
‘Smart Class’ technology with Interactive White Boards helps to internalize concepts bringing greater clarity of thought and understanding. Multi-sensory and multiple intelligence approach, Real-life situations and experiential learning make education more meaningful and fun. Role Plays, Group discussions, seminars, visits by eminent guest speakers and resource persons, visits and project work keep the classrooms intellectually pulsating. The dynamics of Languages, Science, Social Science and Art & Culture is imbibed through application based pursuits. Specially designed tab classes, state –of- art IT labs, laptop teaching, One- note education, wi-fi campus, firewall protected high speed internet, language labs, Flip Learning or Google CS First Club school substantiate our commitment to quality learning. Making teacher aware about contemporary pedagogies, practices and Regular in-service training upcoming Edu-tech innovations through regular in-service training makes mundane lessons magical, happening and lively. Excellent board results, NTSE Scholarships and consistent selection of students in coveted professional colleges every year, reflect the quality quotient of learning at the Academy.
2IST CENTURY LEARNING
HOLISTIC PERSPECTIVE-THE ESSENCE OF LEARNIG
Over the past 38 years, the Academy has blossomed today into a proactive institution of learning with a blend of tradition, technology that imparts a holistic education to the students developing their intellectual, artistic, kinaesthetic and sports intelligences inculcating a deep understanding of cultural, moral and social contexts in a global world. Global awareness, Collaboration, Critical Thinking, Civic, Health and Environmental literacy infused into the curriculum equip the new millennium generation to live in harmony and practice civic manners in everyday life.
POT- POURRI OF SKILLS AND ACTIVITIES
A firework of energies sizzle in the air, lending an invigorating and resonating touch to the environs when young enthusiasts are engrossed in the preparations and practices to give their optimum to perform brilliantly in the activities and competitions of myriad hues.
- Socially awakened DMA-ites through street plays, voice their opinions and spread awareness at public places to alleviate social and civic maladies like Child labour, Female foeticide, misuse of electricity and water etc.
- Elocution and Debates witness them playing as wizards of words, rehearsing modulation of voices, toning up body language; Quiz -stimulating their neurons; Mock Parliament -impersonating senators to soak in the sense of democracy; Eco Club- internalizing green habits and so on.
- Celebrating International Days like Earth Day, Human Rights’ Day, World Tourism day, World Heritage Day, Technology with immense zeal lend them a Global perspective and oneness of humanity while the celebration of National and Cultural festivals of all hues in the campus help them appreciate our rich cultural diversities and religious harmony.
- Annual Function as a grand, festal and cultural canopy channelizes their immense energies, grooming their cultural sensibilities and honing their special talents and above all fostering a stage performing confidence in them through dances, histrionics, voice- over, anchoring, reporting etc.
Looking beyond our individual needs and opening up our hearts to others is in a way a feeling of oneness with society and mankind. Never losing the sight of our aim of creating wholesome human beings, the Academy reaches out to the community enriching it in its own way.
- Reaching out to the community and enriching it in its own way, The Academy, Under CSR Programme, has adopted two schools in the vicinity and is wholeheartedly supporting them by providing stationary items and furniture and lending them and opportunity to be a part of our annual show.
- The religion of Humanity comes alive when the students pay visits to Schools for the differently-abled, Kushtha Asharams, and Orphanages supporting them and sharing some joyful moments with them.
SCULPTING SPORTS STARS
World class and modern sports infrastructure supplemented with professional coaching and consistent training offered to the sports enthusiasts in Football, Basketball, Volleyball, Skating, Karate and many more result in rich haul of trophies in at district, national and international levels.
The Academy as a 21ST century citadel of learning, extending the Science of Happiness, Peace, Love and Joyful learning to the classrooms and beyond, is ever committed to evolve into newer dimensions towards excellence.
At DMA each child is a valued individual. The intent to see him/ her grow and learn in a meaningful and joyful way, inspires our endeavours. We aspire to make the Academy a sanctum of learning where love, laughter and logic go together and where children march ahead holding the hands of the Einsteins and Shakespeares within and evolve together into enlightened beings.
Innovation is a way of life at DMA. Three age- appropriate campuses -uniquely designed and seamlessly integrated- permeate free-flow of ideas and event -sharing that culminate into a perfect harmony within. Each unit lends a natural, stress- free, need based, safe and caring environment to children.